Osiris Osiris Band Forum
return to the main Osiris page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carl Palmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Osiris Band Forum Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Messiah
Band Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Carl Palmer Reply with quote

OK, so last night I saw Carl Palmer (from Emerson Lake and Palmer) play in Portland with his band. He played at the Aladdin Theater to about 400 people (maybe). He has a guitarist and bassist and they are doing instrumental ELP songs (yes, that's right, with no keyboard player). I have got to say I was totally blown away by the guitar player who looks lke he about 19 (he's 27) who attacked those keyboad parts and made them his own. This guy (and the bassist) were incredible. I thought I was going to the show to watch Carl Palmer. I spent the first 30 minutes with my jaw on the floor watching the guitarist. Unreal. Go to Carls' really lousy Web site to see more about the tour (which is coming to San Francisco this Wednesday), at http://www.carlpalmer.com/palmer.html. The guitarist's name is Paul Bielatowicz and there is also a cool story about him here: http://www.carlpalmer.com/LesPaul.html.

If you can catch this show, do so! Oh yeah, as soon as I picked my jaw up off the floor, it fell back down when I started watching Carl. The man is incredible on the drums. Very much from the Buddy Rich/Gene Krupa school, but of course his own monster as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Osiris Band Forum Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: